Re: SVG 1.2 XForms integration

Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> The default behavior should be a choice for the user agent. There are
> several advantages with this:
> * simplify the creation of forms for the author
> * make forms reusable over platforms and formats.
> * be easily regonizable for users. Users are used to using whatever the
> controls looks like on their platform. This should also be the default
> behavior with SVG.

Excellent points imho, I completely agree.

> I think that SVG rendering and behavior should be an extension to XForms.
> XForms should be fully useful directly mixed with SVG without any extra
> work. With extra work you can change and extend the looks of the forms
> control. I belive this is best done using scripting since creating fully
> functional widgets with a declerative syntax will add much complexity to
> SVG.

How do you see the declarative syntax as being (too) complex? Do you need much
more information (given a simple situation) than some mention that XForm
component foo is rendered by some SVG component? I'm not at all against script,
but I like the idea of being able to achieve the same thing in markup, which is
easier to generate using XSLT.

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway