SVG's mertis versus SMIL and Flash5

From: <TOa2671644@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 00:00:45 EST
To: www-svg@w3.org
Has anyone thoughts about the relative merits of the rival technologies: SVG,
SMIL, Flash5? I am interested in expressed views.

I have written demos using all of these technologies, now, and have found the
following:

1. SVG has good interactive features, but limited audio (no streaming) and
security (source code is visible).

2. SMIL has very limited interactive features (proof: Realnetworks promo for
SMIL is written in Flash5!), but good audio features and security.

3. Flash5 has good security, audio and interactive features, but is expensive
and is not a programming language, and therefore we are limited to
developments at Macromedia.

Thank you.