SVG's mertis versus SMIL and Flash5

From: <TOa2671644@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 00:00:45 EST
To: www-svg@w3.org
Has anyone thoughts about the relative merits of the rival technologies: SVG,
SMIL, Flash5? I am interested in expressed views.

I have written demos using all of these technologies, now, and have found the

1. SVG has good interactive features, but limited audio (no streaming) and
security (source code is visible).

2. SMIL has very limited interactive features (proof: Realnetworks promo for
SMIL is written in Flash5!), but good audio features and security.

3. Flash5 has good security, audio and interactive features, but is expensive
and is not a programming language, and therefore we are limited to
developments at Macromedia.

Thank you.