RE: SVG's mertis versus SMIL and Flash5

From: Dave J Woolley <david.woolley@bts.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:35:01 -0000
To: www-svg@w3.org
> From:	TOa2671644@aol.com [SMTP:TOa2671644@aol.com]
>
> Has anyone thoughts about the relative merits of the rival technologies:
> SVG,
> SMIL, Flash5? I am interested in expressed views.

[DJW:]  I believe SMIL and SVG are supposed to complement each other
and be used in the same document, so they are not rivals.

Part of SVG's origins (I would argue the original reason for it) are
to do with the production of static technical drawings, so its aims
are, in part, at a tangent to those of flash.  I realise that most
market interest is as a flash competitor.