clipPath and silhouette

From: Thierry Kormann <Thierry.Kormann@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 08:37:15 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org
Hello,

I need some clarification on clipPath. In the spec, I can read:

"The silhouettes of the child elements are logically OR'd together to create a
single silhouette which is then used to restrict the region onto which paint
can be applied."

My question is : what's the silhouette.

As an example, I have a shape with stroke and filter. The silhouette is:

a. the shape (without considering any style attribute)
b. the stroked shape without the filter and the "heavy" style attributes
c. the outline of the stroked, filtered... shape

Any comments?
Thierry.

--
Thierry Kormann