clipPath and silhouette

From: Thierry Kormann <Thierry.Kormann@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 08:37:15 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

I need some clarification on clipPath. In the spec, I can read:

"The silhouettes of the child elements are logically OR'd together to create a
single silhouette which is then used to restrict the region onto which paint
can be applied."

My question is : what's the silhouette.

As an example, I have a shape with stroke and filter. The silhouette is:

a. the shape (without considering any style attribute)
b. the stroked shape without the filter and the "heavy" style attributes
c. the outline of the stroked, filtered... shape

Any comments?

Thierry Kormann
email: Thierry.Kormann@sophia.inria.fr  http://www.inria.fr/koala/tkormann/
Koala/Dyade/Bull @ INRIA - Sophia Antipolis