Re: text-decoration-skip-ink auto should continue past behavior - 30+ years of underline behavior changed by latest CSS draft

From: OwN-3m-All <own3mall@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 10:55:37 -0700
To: "Myles C. Maxfield" <mmaxfield@apple.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
> By this argument, no browser should ever fix any bugs because doing so would cause behavior changes.

There was no bug that needed to be fixed.  This change has caused a
bug.  Though some individuals may consider this underline change an
enhancement, it's also technically a BUG since it changes default
behavior.  The change could still go in as long as it doesn't change
the way underlined text has displayed for years.

> User-stylesheets are a way for users to modify every webpage on the web without creating a detriment to any other user. I suggest you use them (or a browser which supports them, like Safari).

The purpose of CSS is to make a website display the way the AUTHOR chooses.