Re: text-decoration-skip-ink auto should continue past behavior - 30+ years of underline behavior changed by latest CSS draft

> On Feb 21, 2018, at 9:55 AM, OwN-3m-All <own3mall@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> By this argument, no browser should ever fix any bugs because doing so would cause behavior changes.
>
> There was no bug that needed to be fixed.  This change has caused a
> bug.  Though some individuals may consider this underline change an
> enhancement, it's also technically a BUG since it changes default
> behavior.  The change could still go in as long as it doesn't change
> the way underlined text has displayed for years.
>
>> User-stylesheets are a way for users to modify every webpage on the web without creating a detriment to any other user. I suggest you use them (or a browser which supports them, like Safari).
>
> The purpose of CSS is to make a website display the way the AUTHOR chooses.

This is false. Engines which accept CSS are called “user-agents” in the CSS specification precisely because they operate on the user’s behalf, not the content author’s behalf. This is fundamental to the Web (indeed, it is fundamental to personal computing in general).