Re: text-decoration-skip-ink auto should continue past behavior - 30+ years of underline behavior changed by latest CSS draft

From: OwN-3m-All <own3mall@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 10:34:37 -0700
To: "Myles C. Maxfield" <mmaxfield@apple.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
> This is a progression, and improves typography on the Web.

Sorry, but that's not progression.  You're plain wrong.  Apple should
not be able to dictate what is progress and what isn't.  Such a
garbage argument.

> It isn’t forced on you.

Yes, it is.  The way text-decoration works has been changed, and now
to get it to behave the old STANDARD way, I have to add a CSS style.
Are you kidding me?  If you want to rewrite the way underlining works,
you should have to be the one to add your CSS override.  This change
breaks the way it worked before causing people who care (like me) to
have to revisit ALL WEBPAGES and add CSS rules to make sure they
display the old way.