[css3-ui] Overview and Introduction

From: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 14:13:11 +0100
Cc: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
CSS3-UI has both an Overview and an introduction, which have very similar content.

In addition, the Overview makes a couple of statements that I do not believe are in line with how the WG communicates about levels or modules these days (i.e. CSS 3 is not a thing, CSS has modules, and each module has levels):

- “This document is one of the "modules" for the upcoming CSS3 specification”

- “The Working Group doesn't expect that all implementations of CSS3 will implement all properties or values. Instead, there will probably be a small number of variants of CSS3, so-called "profiles". “

The only new bit of information it brings is the link to “http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-css3-userint-20000216”, which I have proposed to include in Module Interactions (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Nov/0433.html).

I suggest simply removing the overview.

As for the introduction, I think the first sentence also suffers from the same problem, and should either be fixed or removed (I prefer removed): “CSS3 is a set of modules, divided up and profiled in order to simplify the specification, and to allow implementors the flexibility of supporting the particular modules appropriate for their implementations.”

 - Florian