[css3-ui] “Dependencies on other modules” vs “Module Interactions”

From: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 13:57:23 +0100
Cc: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
CSS3-UI has a section titled “Dependencies on other modules” (http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-ui/#dependencies), which lists normative and informative references, in a way that seems redundant with the bibliography and cross references, while not being as exhaustive .

On the other hand, there is no “Module Interactions” section, which many specs do have to normatively declares which other documents this module is refining or superseding.

I suggest removing the “Dependencies on other modules” section, and replacing it with a “Module Interactions” section, with the following text (which takes into account the various things we decided to drop at the last telecon):

 Module Interactions

 This document defines new features not present in earlier specifications.
 In addition, it replaces and supersedes the following:
 - Section 18.1 and section 18.4 of Cascading Style Sheets, level 2, revision 1 [CSS21]
 - User Interface for CSS3 (16 February 2000) [CSSUI]

I’ve attached a patch which applies this change

- Florian