Re: [css3-ui] “Dependencies on other modules” vs “Module Interactions”

Moving Tab’s answer from a different thread to this one, since it is more on topic here.

referring to [CSSUI], which should link to http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-css3-userint-20000216, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> I've never seen that!  It doesn't belong in Module Interactions, as
> it's not a "real" module (in the sense of the WG being aware of it and
> working on it, or any implementor even knowing it exists).  However,
> it should be preserved somewhere - perhaps the wiki?

Well, it is a TR document produced by the CSSWG (admittedly a long time ago), which is superseded by this. It is a bit borderline, since it isn’t a module which ever reached REC, but given than the present document is meant to replace that other one, it doesn’t seem completely out of place either.

The fact that neither you or I are old enough to remember when one replaced the other doesn’t seem all that relevant to me :P

 - Florian