[css3-conditional] Resolving issues

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 18:41:01 -0700
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
The Conditional spec <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-conditional/> is
basically finished.  It's only got a handful of issues preventing it
from advancing:

Issue 1, using the new conditions with @import.  We propose pushing
this to level 4.  It's not high-priority, so there's no reason to
delay the rest of the spec, or rush its development.

Issue 2, the "font_face_rule" production is not defined by Fonts.  We
propose just fixing Fonts, and removing this issue.  ^_^

Issue 3, forward compatible parsing of @supports.  We believe the
forward-compatible parsing is sufficient here.  Testing selectors and
whatnot can be easily done in a way that is invalid per the current
grammar.

Issue 4, adding an example with !important, can be trivially done.
I'll pick that up tomorrow - it takes all of ten minutes.

The remaining issues are all regarding @document, and are
substantially harder.  We propose pushing @document to level 4, so the
rest of the spec can advance quickly, since we already have several
implementors wanting to release the other features.

Are our suggested fixes acceptable?  Are there any other issues that
aren't yet marked in the draft?  If the answers are yes and no,
respectively, we'll fix them and request a new WD this week or next.

~TJ and fantasai