Re: [css3-conditional] Resolving issues

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 09:10:12 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
Le 25/09/2012 03:41, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
> Issue 3, forward compatible parsing of @supports.  We believe the
> forward-compatible parsing is sufficient here.  Testing selectors and
> whatnot can be easily done in a way that is invalid per the current
> grammar.

The current parsing ignores the whole at-rule if it does not match the
grammar. For example:

@supports (color: black) or selector(a! b) {}

I *think* that issue 3 suggests alternative parsing rules where only the
invalid part evaluates to "not supported". With such rules the above
would still evaluate to "supported".

"The invalid part" is not obvious to define (you need error recovery in
the parsing) but these rules could be more forward-compatible. Or is
this precisely what you think is not necessary?

--
Simon Sapin