Re: Alternative Style Sheets

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 15:44:37 -0400
To: www-style@gtalbot.org
CC: Antony Kennedy <antony@silversquid.com>, Sebastian Zartner <sebastianzartner@gmail.com>, Anton Prowse <prowse@moonhenge.net>, www-style@w3.org, Perry Smith <pedzsan@gmail.com>
On 10/12/12 3:41 PM, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
>> The problem is persisted across what.  Page?  Hostname?  Something else?
>
> Persistence over visits. When I revisit, say,
>
> http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/ie8.html
>
> I want the webpage to serve me my preferred alternate stylesheet which is
> , in my case, the Moosified alternate stylesheet.

Yes, yes.  But what should happen when you visit

   http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/

?  Consider both the cases when it has an alternate stylesheet called
"Moosified" and when it does not.

> Cookie handling makes this possible:

Cookie handling makes it up to the site to decide which pages a
particular selection of a style set applies to, which a site is
best-placed to do because it knows which pages are actually related to
each other design-wise.

-Boris