Re: Alternative Style Sheets

From: Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 15:41:51 -0400
To: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Cc: "Antony Kennedy" <antony@silversquid.com>, "Sebastian Zartner" <sebastianzartner@gmail.com>, "Anton Prowse" <prowse@moonhenge.net>, www-style@w3.org, "Perry Smith" <pedzsan@gmail.com>

Le Ven 12 octobre 2012 10:53, Boris Zbarsky a écrit :
> On 10/12/12 5:27 AM, Antony Kennedy wrote:
>> In which case, stating that the choice should be persisted (over
>> sessions, at the very least) seems a great addition to the spec to
>> maintain clarity.
>
> The problem is persisted across what.  Page?  Hostname?  Something else?

Persistence over visits. When I revisit, say,

http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/ie8.html

I want the webpage to serve me my preferred alternate stylesheet which is
, in my case, the Moosified alternate stylesheet.

Cookie handling makes this possible:

http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/styles/managestyles.js

Gérard
--