Re: Alternative Style Sheets

From: Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 16:25:55 -0400
To: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Cc: "Antony Kennedy" <antony@silversquid.com>, "Sebastian Zartner" <sebastianzartner@gmail.com>, "Anton Prowse" <prowse@moonhenge.net>, www-style@w3.org, "Perry Smith" <pedzsan@gmail.com>

Le Ven 12 octobre 2012 15:44, Boris Zbarsky a écrit :
> On 10/12/12 3:41 PM, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
>>> The problem is persisted across what.  Page?  Hostname?  Something
>>> else?
>> Persistence over visits. When I revisit, say,
>> http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/ie8.html
>> I want the webpage to serve me my preferred alternate stylesheet which
>> is
>> , in my case, the Moosified alternate stylesheet.
> Yes, yes.  But what should happen when you visit
>    http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/
> ?

Then it should be by domain name. This is the case for
by the way. I can set my preferred alternate stylesheet in
and it will be honored when I visit

> Consider both the cases when it has an alternate stylesheet called
> "Moosified" and when it does not.

If "Moosified" is not available for a particular page, then the persistent
stylesheet should prevail.

Persistent, preferred and alternate stylesheets are defined at

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011

Contributions to CSS 2.1 test suite