Re: [css3-transforms][css4-background] Should the spec have {background,transform,perspective}-origin-x/y

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 11:06:09 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org
On 10/12/12 8:36 AM, Florian Rivoal wrote:
> Agreed. Due to things like that, we should generally stay away from
> introducing *-x and *-y properties

One thing that may be getting lost in this discussion: The lack of -x
and -y properties for some of these things is causing compat problems
for Gecko, because sites are trying to use them.

So again, I am happy to not implement them in Gecko if UAs that
currently have them drop them.  If they can't drop them, then they are
de-facto required for compat and need to be specced.

I'm not saying it's a _happy_ situation, but it is what it is.

-Boris