Re: Alternative Style Sheets

The best use for this is for accessibility. High contrast, high visibility, large don't sizes, simpler layouts - all good proposals for alternative stylesheets. And they allow the author more control than just modifying the page in place.

The BBC used something called Barlesque to create predictable markup that alternative stylesheets could tie in to to achieve this.

Although text resizing is unknown to many, for those that need it it is a godsend.

Performance is a different conversation, but I'd suggest that they were not preloaded at all, and only applied when the user selected an alternative.

AK

Sent from my iPhone