Re: [css3-writing-modes] before/after terminology alternative?

Just an additional datapoint in this discussion:

I just noticed that CSS already has properties page-break-before and
page-break-after (see
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/page.html#page-break-props). Rather obviously,
these indicate the same directions as the -before and -after relative
direction properties already in XSL-FO, but are orthogonal to the
:before and :after pseudo-elements.

These seem not to have caused any significant confusion up to now.

Regards,   Martin.