Re: [css3-writing-modes] before/after terminology alternative?

From: Martin J. Dürst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 17:22:55 +0900
To: liam@w3.org
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, koba <koba@antenna.co.jp>, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>, www-style@w3.org, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>, MURAKAMI Shinyu <murakami@antenna.co.jp>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "public-i18n-cjk@w3.org" <public-i18n-cjk@w3.org>
Just an additional datapoint in this discussion:

I just noticed that CSS already has properties page-break-before and
page-break-after (see
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/page.html#page-break-props). Rather obviously,
these indicate the same directions as the -before and -after relative
direction properties already in XSL-FO, but are orthogonal to the
:before and :after pseudo-elements.

These seem not to have caused any significant confusion up to now.

Regards,   Martin.