Re: [css-variables] Which value is substituted?

From: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 10:25:36 +0100 (BST)
To: Tom Potts <karaken12@gmail.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

In the (unofficial) CSS Custom draft this is defined as the specified value in the case of "local" property reference nut the computed value in the computed value in the case of "inherit" references and I believe this the intend of the [css-variables] draft, too.
That being said, as the computed value of a custom property is 'as specified' this doesn't matter for those properties. This was more an issue for CSS Customs since we intend to make it possible to reference any property.