Re: [css3-fonts][css-variables][css-counter-styles-3][css3-values] Case sensitivity of user-defined identifiers

On 3/10/12 16:08, François REMY wrote:
> |  I have to admit I don't understand why we can't just make variable names
> |  case-sensitive...
>
> For what it's worth, [css-variables] are described to be standards
> properties so they should obey traditionnal rules applied to CSS
> properties.
>
> In HTML, user-defined attributes seems to be case-insenstive for Latin1
> at least (tested in IE9, Chrome 24) :
>
>     document.body.setAttribute("â", true); document.body.getAttribute("Â");

 From my (brief) testing just now, Chrome's case-insensitivity in this
example seems to extend much beyond Latin-1 (e.g. it includes Cyrillic,
as well as Vietnamese accented letters); it's probably simple Unicode
case-folding.

Firefox, on the other hand, seems to be only ASCII (not Latin-1)
case-insensitive.

JK