Re: [css3-fonts][css-variables][css-counter-styles-3][css3-values] Case sensitivity of user-defined identifiers

From: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 17:08:33 +0200
To: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, <www-style@w3.org>
|  I have to admit I don't understand why we can't just make variable names
|  case-sensitive...

For what it's worth, [css-variables] are described to be standards
properties so they should obey traditionnal rules applied to CSS properties.

In HTML, user-defined attributes seems to be case-insenstive for Latin1 at
least (tested in IE9, Chrome 24) :

    document.body.setAttribute("â", true); document.body.getAttribute("Â");

I believe [css-variables] and all properties should be defined as Latin1-CI
as well (or, rather, as having the same level of insensitivity as HTML
Attributes).