RE: Has it been resolved to make position:fixed induce a stacking context?

Indeed it makes that claim and I asked Tab the same question; he told me the WG accepted it though I haven’t yet found the relevant resolution. I do not recall this being discussed at the f2f and the minutes do not seem to capture it either. Fwiw I do not think we would agree to this without the opportunity to assess the compat impact first.

Blog posts should really link to the spec changes they’re talking about.

From: rocallahan@gmail.com [mailto:rocallahan@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Robert O'Callahan
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:04 PM
To: www-style
Subject: Has it been resolved to make position:fixed induce a stacking context?

This blog post claims that the WG has resolved to make position:fixed induce a stacking context:
http://updates.html5rocks.com/2012/09/Stacking-Changes-Coming-to-position-fixed-elements

Was this decision made at a F2F? I haven't seen anything about it on the list. James Robinson brought this up on the list in May and in that thread it was pointed out that Gecko and Opera are able to accelerate scrolling without this spec change, so we shouldn't need to make it.

Rob
--
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. ... If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others?" [Matthew 5:43-47]