Re: [css3-page][css3-mediaqueries] Page size conflicts

Le 17/02/2012 11:36, fantasai a écrit :
> Currently the spec says the following:
>     # If a size property declaration specifies a page size that would
>     # cause that declaration to not apply (e.g. a media query that
>     # qualifies it applies only to a different paper size) then the
>     # declaration must be ignored.

I think this means that implementations must make a first pass at the
whole cascade just to determine the page size, and then a second pass
for everything else. Is this correct?

> There's an issue marked there:
>     # Is this a reasonable way of dealing with this conflict?
>
> Fundamentally, the problem is that
>     - we would like the page to be able to express a preferred size
>       (or multiple preferred sizes; there was a suggestion to extend
>       'size' to accept a list)
>     - we would also like the page to be able to provide layouts for
>       multiple sizes
>
> If you've got a better suggestion for how these two features should
> interact, I'm all ears.:)

Unfortunately I don’t :/ I really see these two as contradicting.

WeasyPrint can choose any page size for the PDF, so the 'size' property
is always used as is. Given this, the exact page size is known to
authors, so media queries are maybe not as interesting.

Regards,
--
Simon Sapin