Re: [cssom] Supporting JS properties whose names are CSS property names on CSSDeclaration objects

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>wrote:

> Same thing.  We need to either get WebKit and IE to change their
> implementation to expose only the specced property name ("cssFloat"),
> or change the spec to mandate additionally exposing the "float"
> property name, treated as an alias.

While I agree with excluding property name aliases using the hyphenated
names, the question of 'float' is more interesting, since its status as a
future reserved keyword was changed in ECMA-262, 5th Ed., which removed it
from the list of reserved keywords.