Re: [css3-mediaqueries] DPI in resolution media queries

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 11:55:29 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org
On 2/15/12 11:48 AM, Lea Verou wrote:
> On 15/2/12 18:34, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
>> It'd be easier to understand the mistake(s) given use-cases. Or
>> better, links to sites that depend on Gecko's behavior as you
>> understand it?
> The mistake is that there is *no way* to define something as X physical
> inches in CSS.

Mozilla has proposed a way to do that ("truemm").  No one else seemed
interested, which is why I assume it's not in CSS3 Values and Units...

Would that be enough to address the use cases you're thinking of?

-Boris

P.S.  No opinion on the media queries part; I think we should do
"truemm" no matter what happens with media queries.