Re: [css-regions] The region-overflow property

From: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 15:43:15 -0700
To: "robert@ocallahan.org" <robert@ocallahan.org>
CC: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>, "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
On 10/4/11 3:30 PM, "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

What does it mean for content to "not display"?

For example, what should CSSOM return for getBoundingClientRect etc? Does it mean CSS boxes are not generated, or something else?

My naïve answer is “whatever happens to entirely clipped content with overflow:hidden.” Is there a definition that answers your questions for hidden content? I didn’t see an answer in section 11 of CSS 2.1 ( http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visufx.html )