Re: [css-shaders] subdivision for transparency

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 9:13 AM, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com> wrote:

> As for filters, I was really hoping that we'd be able to specify them as
> purely a 2d effect - as in whatever is composited in the end is a quad, not
> a mesh, even if the filter itself uses a mesh.

I totally agree. The result of a "custom" filter primitive is flattened to
an image. Nothing else makes sense, even within a filter chain.

I also suggest that any filter effect immediately flattens its children
> (even if preserve-3d is set).

Definitely. Gecko does this.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in
us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our