Re: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions F2F Kyoto Sat: CSS3 Fonts, Regions, @viewport, Variables, @supports, Selectors4, Administrivia

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 23:33:08 -0700
To: John Jansen <John.Jansen@microsoft.com>
Cc: Vincent Hardy <vhardy@adobe.com>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 9:43 PM, John Jansen <John.Jansen@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I'm going to ask this again because I made the mistake of including all of the summary and minutes in my last reply. I'm sure that due to that error, my question was completely missed...
>
>> RESOLVED:
>>
>> - use flow-into and flow-from properties and explain the interaction with
>> the css3 contents module definition of the content property. The flow-into
>> and flow-from properties should be <string>
>
> It's very difficult to tell from the minutes why this was resolved to be a string. Alex asked this as well [1]. Can anyone clarify? I'm not even sure who argued to make it a string rather than in ident?
>
> -John
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Jun/0155.html

We didn't actually resolve that way, at least not to my memory.  We
wanted to do something other than a bare ident, because it seems
relatively likely that this is a property we'd like to later add more
controls to, such as default flows or additional options, that may end
up being ambiguous with user-defined flow names.  Strings or a flow()
function, though, are both equally okay.

~TJ