Re: :click pseudo element

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 09:08:03 -0800
To: thomasin a <nevereatredjellybeans@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 2:19 PM, thomasin a
<nevereatredjellybeans@gmail.com> wrote:
> In order to fully realise the use of the new CSS3 transformation and transition abilities, I think a :click pseudo element needs to be added, identical to :hover but with the click being the trigger instead. I have noticed a lot of people want it, instead reverting to a few short lines of Javascript when instead you could make a CSS and HTML pure site, with the code being a lot simpler and easy to understand too.
>
> I hope you've considered this, and will consider it, because it is a Javascript function I use almost every time I program, and it would be a lot easier and useful to have it in CSS as well.

The :active pseudoclass is what you want.  On devices that use a
mouse, :active matches while you're clicking on the element.  On other
types of devices with different interactions, :active matches at the
appropriate time.

If someone is using js just to change some CSS while people click on
something, please tell them to just use :active.  ^_^