:click pseudo element

From: thomasin a <nevereatredjellybeans@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 22:19:01 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org
In order to fully realise the use of the new CSS3 transformation and transition abilities, I think a :click pseudo element needs to be added, identical to :hover but with the click being the trigger instead. I have noticed a lot of people want it, instead reverting to a few short lines of Javascript when instead you could make a CSS and HTML pure site, with the code being a lot simpler and easy to understand too.

I hope you've considered this, and will consider it, because it is a Javascript function I use almost every time I program, and it would be a lot easier and useful to have it in CSS as well.

-Thomasin