Re: [css3-writing-modes] a third option for implementing logical properties

From: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 19:37:32 -0700 (PDT)
To: koba Mobile2 <koba@antenna.co.jp>
Cc: www-style@w3.org, howcome@opera.com
Tokushige Kobayashi wrote:

> > And calling folks incompetent doesn't help either.
>
> I apologize the point, since my english is very poor.

I don't think language is the issue, you've made similar statements in
Japanese repeatedly, including last night:

  http://twitter.com/TokKoba/status/28772230107

I think you view this discussion as simply a matter of implementors vs.
non-implementors and the reason XSL-FO has logical properties and CSS
doesn't is that too many non-implementors influence CSS specs.  But that's
a sign of success I think, people want to influence CSS in many
different ways which often makes it hard to resolve issues.  When anyone
proposes adding 35 new properties for *any* feature, expect a discussion
and a lot of people asking if another way would be simpler.
That's where the discussion is now.

If you could take the time to try and understand more viewpoints than
just your own and express your views in whatever language you feel
comfortable rather than denigrating the participants in the discussion
that would be much more constructive for everyone.

John Daggett
Mozilla Japan