Re: transitions vs. animations

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 10:50:34 +0200
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
Brad Kemper wrote:

 > > Håkon's naming priciple: Good names are better than correct names.

 > I think "transition" is the most descriptive and evocative, of
 > anything I've heard so far for this.

Your proposed 'transition-animation' property increses my headache to
an exponential. We obviously have different tastes in the naming of
properties :-)

How about 'change', 'flux', 'shift', or even 'pass' or 'turn'?

All are shorter, easier to spell, and will not be confused with
'transform'.

Cheers,

-h&kon