Re: Do we need to change the process?

From: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 11:06:03 +0200
To: "Alberto Lepe" <dev@alepe.com>, "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>
I don't want to react to the global discussion about
the W3C process, but I quite agree with the proposition
of having the possibility to set up different stages to
each "chapter" of a module.

This solution was already proposed to solve the vendor
prefix problem. When 2 implementors have a compatible
implementation of a property, and if other implementors
don't see anything to change, we could move the proper-
ty to Candidate Recommandation and then to Proposed
Recommandation before the whole module.

Such decision would need a special procedure that
should still be defined, but it could really help.

François