Re: [css3-background] last call for comments on "Backgrounds and borders"

Zack Weinberg wrote:
> Bert Bos <bert@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> The CSS WG published a new working draft of the "Backgrounds and
>> borders" module:
>>
>>     http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-css3-background-20091015/
>>
>> This is intended to be the last draft before changing the status to
>> Candidate Recommendation and thus this should also be the last call
>> for comments.
>
> It seems to me that the border-image shorthand would be more user
> friendly if it allowed slashes between any two option groups.
> Something like
>
>     <‘border-image-source’> || /? <‘border-image-slice’>
>         [ / <‘border-image-width’>? [ / <‘border-image-outset’>  ]? ]?
>         || /? <‘border-image-repeat’>
>
> I *think* this does not make the grammar ambiguous, and it means
> authors don't have to remember which blocks take slashes and which
> don't.

The CSS Working Group has discussed your proposal and decided not
to make this change. You can read the minutes of the discussion
here: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009Nov/0265.html>

Please let me know if this is acceptable.

~fantasai