Re: (fonts) MTX skepticism

From: by way of Zack Weinberg <zweinberg@mozilla.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:20:38 -0700
To: Thomas Lord <lord@emf.net>, www-style@lists.w3.org
Thomas Lord <lord@emf.net> wrote:

> I'm not sure what "dead horse" you refer to.

The web font format discussion, in general.  It seems to me that further
argument in this venue serves only to make people grumpier and more
entrenched in their positions.

I would like to suggest that the topic be tabled for several months,
after which we can have a look at actual web usage of the feature as it
now exists in the various popular browsers, and perhaps have a more
informed idea of what still needs to be done.

(I like your licensing-wrapper MIME type idea, Thomas, but www-style
really isn't the venue for it - why don't you write an RFC?)

zw