Re: [css3-background] box-shadow and border-break

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 20:44:40 +1300
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Note that even if we accept we should clip box-shadows at a border-box edge
where a break occurred, there's still an unresolved question about the
rendering of my test-case: should the box-shadow for the first box of the
span actually be rendered on the second line? If we try to faithfully stick
to the 'slice' concept of border-break:none, I think it would; we'd be
slicing at the right border-edge of the first box, and everything to the
right of that edge (including the first box's shadow) should be rendered on
the second line. This would make the implementation a good bit more
complicated than simple clipping, though.

Rob
53:5-6]