Re: [css3-background] box-shadow and border-break

Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 9:22 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com
> <mailto:brad.kemper@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     If a box is cut in two, due to a page break, there would be no
>     border or shadow at the bottom of the first page or at the top of
>     the next page. It would be as though the box had been sliced though
>     the middle somewhere, so that even though it is in two pieces, it
>     still only has one top and one bottom.
>
>     So and shadow visible along the right or left edge should appear
>     sliced off by the same straight cut that divided the box.
>

> So you're saying that in my testcase, the shadow of the first box of the
> span should disappear, since it's to the right of that box's right
> border edge, but the shadow of the second box of the span should be
> drawn in its entirety?

No, the shadow of the first box should be drawn except on the (broken)
left side, and the shadow of the second box should be drawn except
on the (broken) right side.

Like this:

           +-------

           +-------
             ######

          |#

So if you piece the box back together, it looks exactly as it would
if it weren't broken.

~fantasai