Re: [CSS21][css3-namespace][css3-page][css3-selectors][css3-content]Unicode Normalization

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 14:03:50 +0900
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Cc: public-i18n-core@w3.org, www-style@w3.org

At 03:13 09/02/02, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>Martin Duerst wrote:
>> [One can also consider the case of a script doing very special
>> things with identifiers such as class names, chopping them in
>> half between two accents and such, but I think this case is way
>> too farfetched.]
>
>It certainly happens in practice.  Sites build up UTF-16 strings a codepoint at a time all the time, and enforce length limits on them.

It can definitely happen like this, and that would simply be a bug.
What I meant is a JavaScript that on purpose manipulates class
names on that level. An example would be a page where classes
in singular and plural are used to distinguish different cases,
and the JavaScript did automatic singular/plural conversion that
involved adding or removing accents.

Regards,    Martin.