Re: [css3-background] box-shadow and border-break

On Feb 1, 2009, at 11:44 PM, "Robert O'Callahan"
<robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

> Note that even if we accept we should clip box-shadows at a border-
> box edge where a break occurred, there's still an unresolved
> question about the rendering of my test-case: should the box-shadow
> for the first box of the span actually be rendered on the second
> line? If we try to faithfully stick to the 'slice' concept of border-
> break:none, I think it would; we'd be slicing at the right border-
> edge of the first box, and everything to the right of that edge
> (including the first box's shadow) should be rendered on the second
> line. This would make the implementation a good bit more complicated
> than simple clipping, though.
>
> Rob

If we accept that, then I think there's no question it would. It's a
bit of an edge case (so to speak), but with less offset so that object
and shadow intersected, it would seem fairly obvious what to do, and
we would not do something different when offset increases.