On Wednesday 2009-12-02 15:49 -0600, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:27 PM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> > Second, I don't see what this resolution says we replace
> > 'color-correction' with such that we can honestly say we have two
> > conformant implementations in order to exit CR.
>
> Why would we replace it with anything?  The resolution is to drop it,
> with the plan that it will be picked up in CSS Color 4 or a separate
> CSS Color Correction Module.

Because without the *relaxing* of the conformance criteria provided
by the default value of 'color-correction', we have no conformant
implementations (because correction to sRGB isn't tested in the test
suite).

(And without the option of the correct behavior provided by the
other value, authors have no way to get reliable colors in CSS...
which they are theoretically guaranteed by CSS1 and CSS2.1, although
not in practice.)

-David