Re: Tabbed Interfaces in CSS

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> Giovanni Campagna wrote:
>>
>> That "checking" should set the :checked pseudo-class and remove any
>> :checked pseudo-class on element that belong to the same "radio-group"
>> / "toggle-group" (set by the appropriate property).
>
> OK.  So the things one would need to keep track of would be:
>
> 1)  The toggle groups
> 2)  The checked state of every element
>
> Right?
>
> The latter is pretty simple, though there are issues like defining "clicking
> on it".  The latter, I suspect the devil is in the details in terms of how
> hard it is to implement (e.g. what happens when elements get added to or
> removed from these groups).

It would work exactly like adding or removing a radio button from the
DOM, I would think.  However that's handled currently (I haven't
tested it), that's how it should be handled here.

(I suppose it's possible that it's handled badly, but then that just
means that radio buttons themselves aren't implemented well and have
an issue that needs fixing.  Again, haven't tested anything.)

~TJ

PS: In response to you saying you've been mass-deleting the thread so
far, don't worry about it.  I, at least, expected that.  This thread's
been more the three or four of us hashing things out than an actual
discussion meant to be seriously read by others.  I would have written
out another top-level thread before I expected any real implementor
feedback, unless someone was really interested and was participating
from the beginning.