Re: Tabbed Interfaces in CSS

Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> It would work exactly like adding or removing a radio button from the
> DOM, I would think.

That's not actually that desirable. The behavior of radio buttons is
pretty complicated, has a number of legacy quirks to it, is pretty much
algorithmically slow by design, and differs in different browsers (the
above qualities just describe the parts that different browsers actually
agree on).

> (I suppose it's possible that it's handled badly, but then that just
> means that radio buttons themselves aren't implemented well and have
> an issue that needs fixing.  Again, haven't tested anything.)

I don't think the interoperable parts of radio button behavior, even the
crappy ones, can be changed without breaking sites.  That doesn't mean
we should copy them over wholesale, necessarily.

-Boris