Re: [css3-layout] New JavaScript implementation for Template Layout Module

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 7:53 AM, Alexis Deveria <adeveria@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks! Yeah, the multiple element support was a little tricky to deal
> with. Since I didn't want to modify the DOM structure, the script
> doesn't create a parent container for multiple elements. Thus, the
> slot isn't stretched when it actually should be. I'm sure the current
> behavior can be improved upon though, so thanks for mentioning that.

Ah, k.  I brought it up, actually, because my reading of the spec
suggests that the stretching should *not* occur.  An example or two
implies it in the suggested rendering, but it doesn't seem to be
expressed anywhere in the actual rules.  I believe they should act in
every way like ordinary elements placed into an invisible container.

Bert would probably know a bit better about it than I, though.  ^_^