Re: Tabbed Interfaces in CSS

From: Giovanni Campagna <scampa.giovanni@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:53:55 +0200
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
It is not the adjacency selector, is the UA default style sheet:

legend {
  padding-left: 2px;
  padding-right: 2px;
  border: none;
  position: static ! important;
  float: none ! important;
  width: -moz-fit-content ! important;
  min-width: 0 ! important;
  max-width: none ! important;
  height: auto ! important;
  min-height: 0 ! important;
  max-height: none ! important;
  white-space: nowrap;
}

and apparently, !important inside UA stylesheets override author
declaration (bug? or rather issue for CSS2?)