Re: [css3-layout] New JavaScript implementation for Template Layout Module

From: Alexis Deveria <adeveria@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 08:53:53 -0400
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 12:44 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> *Awesome*, Alexis.  I believe I remember a js-based Template Layout
> implementation in the past, but it didn't seem as good as yours.
> That's just wonderful.  (And, since it's jQuery-based, I'll be taking
> advantage of it.)
>
> Question: It seems like if you have only a single element in a slot,
> the element is stretched to fill the entire height of the slot, but
> when multiple elements are positioned into a slot they all use their
> natural height.  Is this intended?

Thanks! Yeah, the multiple element support was a little tricky to deal
with. Since I didn't want to modify the DOM structure, the script
doesn't create a parent container for multiple elements. Thus, the
slot isn't stretched when it actually should be. I'm sure the current
behavior can be improved upon though, so thanks for mentioning that.

Alexis