Re: Tabbed Interfaces in CSS

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 10:44:08 -0700
Cc: Giovanni Campagna <scampa.giovanni@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>

>> If you could provide a simple ugly example just using border,
>> padding,
>> and margin, while still achieving the desired tab *layout*, I'd be
>> happier.  ^_^
>

> There were some things in the code that wouldn't display quite
> right, since I didn't test before, so I'll post something new in a
> few minutes that will show the positioning that can be acheived with
> existing CSS.

Here, try this:

http://www.bradclicks.com/cssplay/tabs2.html

It shows the basic layout that is acheivable now. I used a class
instead of the checked pseudoclass, so clicking doesn't do anything.

The adjacency selector doesn't seem to produce the right results in
Firefox, and I used it because Safari doesn't seem to support nth-
child yet.