Re: [cssom-view] small update

From: Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 10:56:20 -0800
To: "Bjoern Hoehrmann" <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>, www-style@w3.org

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 10:58 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:

>  * Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>  >   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom-view/
>

>  There are many terms that you use, like content width, context box with,
>  associated CSS layout box, and current rendering mode, that you never
>  properly introduce. Links to their definitions would be very useful.

That is a very good point, Bjoern, and one I noticed, too.

The danger is that these props appear to be analagous to properties
that have been the source of pain for web developers. Particularly the
currentStyle.hasLayout .

What if Opera put someone in the CSS WG in charge of standardizing
Microsoft properties in a way that was inconsistent with Microsoft
properties?

If a such spec were produced, and Webkit and Mozilla were to implement
it, then IE would be incompliant with its own properties.

Mozilla and Safari do have a proven track record of implementing and
relying w3c specs.

This plan would benefit Opera by making IE incompatible with the web.