Re: [css3-selectors] How do *-of-type selectors define the type?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 12:46:20 -0600
To: Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde@carewolf.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> Konqueror will need a base XML mimetype like application/xml or text/xml to
> trigger the XML parser.

This page sends application/xhtml+xml, which is in fact an XML MIME
type...  I'd certainly hope you don't parse it as HTML, since that would
break any page that actually sends that type (Gecko, Webkit, and Opera
all treat it as an XML type).

> We use the HTML parser for XHTML just like MSIE

Last I checked, MSIE just didn't handle that type at all.  Has that changed?

-Boris