Re: [css3-selectors] whitespace inside :nth-child(an+b)?

L. David Baron wrote:

> Where inside ":nth-child(3n+1)" is whitespace allowed?  Is
> ":nth-child( 3 n + 1 )" a valid selector?  Is ":nth-child( 3n+1 )"?
> What about ":nth-child(3n + 1)" ?  The same question applies to
> other possible arguments of :nth-child().
>
> I don't see any answers in
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-css3-selectors-20051215/#nth-child-pseudo
>
> I wrote a non-exhaustive test at
> http://dbaron.org/css/test/2008/nth-child-whitespace and found that:
>  * Konqueror 3.5.9 allows whitespace nowhere
>  * Opera 9.5 beta 1 allows whitepace in only three places:
>    + on either side of the + or - in the middle
>    + before the closing ")"

I think we already discussed that point years ago, and
if I recall correctly, the resolution at that time was that
we wanted to benefit from existing CSS tokenization.
So in the first part of the argument the "an" part is w/o
spaces, and the second part "b" is w/o spaces too. So:

   ( 3n+1 )    OK
   ( 3 n+1 )   NOK
   ( 3n +1 )   OK
   (3n+ 1)     NOK

This should be reflected in my patch in bugzilla.
Does it make sense ?

</Daniel>