Re: no-cascade proposition

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 12:31:32 -0500
To: Niels Matthijs <niels.matthijs@internetarchitects.be>
CC: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>, www-style@w3.org

Niels Matthijs wrote:
> Well yeah, but I don't think it's appropriate to fix stuff at html
> level just because it gives you problems on css level?

Your issue is that some of your HTML elements differ from others in an
important way. You need to communicate that to CSS somehow.  How do you
propose to do this?

> Furthermore,
> there are problems with iframes adapting to the height of the
> included code.

Please go read up on seamless iframes.  Though arbitrary cross-site
inclusion won't allow auto-height-sizing, it will probably be allowed
with the appropriate Access-Control headers.

> And I don't see why I should always include external
> code through an iframe.

Because you don't want it to pollute your script scope (or vice versa),
just like you don't want CSS rules to leak across the boundary (in
either direction)?

-Boris